The role of the rollers is to support the conveyor belt and material weight. The roller must be flexible and reliable. Reducing the friction between the conveyor belt and the idler roller plays a key role in the life of the conveyor belt, which accounts for more than 25% of the total cost of the conveyor. Although the idler is a small part in the belt conveyor and the structure is not complicated, it is not easy to manufacture a high quality roller.
The criteria for judging the quality of the roller are as follows: the radial runout of the idler; the flexibility of the idler; the axial turbulence.
1. According to the material, it is divided into rubber roller, ceramic roller, nylon roller and insulated roller.
2. There are mainly grooved roller sets, various types of parallel roller sets, various types of self-aligning roller sets, and various types of buffer roller sets.
(1) The trough-shaped idler has a common type of idler, a forward-tilt type idler, a quick-change type bearing type idler, a hanging type idler, a three-chain idler, a reversible idler, a variable-angle angle type idler, and a transition type. Roller, V-roller, etc.;
(2) Parallel idlers include ordinary type idlers, comb type idlers, forward-tilt type idlers, steel-type idlers, spiral idlers, etc.;
(3) The self-aligning roller has a universal type, a friction reversible type idler, a strong type idler, a cone idler, a spiral type idler, a combined type idler, and the like;
(4) The buffer roller has a spring plate type idler, a buffer ring type idler, a strong buffer type idler, an adjustable elastic type idler, a hanging type idler, and the like;
The roller drives the roller tube body, the bearing seat and the bearing outer ring and the sealing ring to rotate by the friction between the conveyor belt and the idler roller, and realizes the transmission of the logistics together with the conveyor belt.
1. Roller radial runout (this indicator directly affects the stability of material transport)
2. Axial movement amount (directly affects the service life of the roller)
3. Flexibility (affects the service life of the roller and the service life of the tape, as well as the driving power of the whole machine)
4. Waterproof performance (affecting the service life of the roller)
5. Dustproof performance (affecting the service life of the roller)
6. Axial bearing capacity (affecting the service life of the roller)
7. Impact resistance (affects the life of the roller)
8. Rotational resistance (affects tape life).