First, product features and uses
The conveyor belt joint is quickly bonded at room temperature by bonding the conveyor belt joint with a room temperature curing adhesive. No need for heating and pressure curing during bonding, no special equipment and tools, simple process, short operating time, low labor intensity, low cost, easy control of bonding quality, good flexural resistance of bonded joints, no special requirements for the environment The bonded joint can be put into use in a short time, and is suitable for bonding of the core conveyor belt joints in various environments.
The performance of this series of products is stable, with fast curing speed at room temperature, high bonding strength, good flexural resistance, acid resistance, alkali, salt, oil, water and aging resistance, simple operation process and low cost. It is widely used in the rapid bonding and repair of conveyor belts in various industries such as steel, metallurgy, thermal power plants, cement plants, fertilizer plants, ports and mines. When using normal temperature bonding, the process should pay attention to three points: First, the performance of the material of the conveyor belt and the operation and use of the conveyor should be known. The adhesive is selected correctly. Secondly, according to the structure of the conveyor belt and the components of the conveyor, the force state, the joint form and size are reasonably designed, the bonding is firm, the production is convenient, and the joint has sufficient strength.
Third, it is necessary to operate strictly in accordance with the normal temperature bonding process.
Second, the conveyor belt joint bonding process
(1) Connector type
Stepped beveled single-sided overlap.
(2) Production tools
1.5P hammer, heart screwdriver, nutcracker, steel ruler, tape measure, powder line, cutting tool, etc.
(3) Determination of the number of joint steps
According to the core structure of the conveyor belt and the stress state of the joint, the stress distribution is the most uniform when the number of joint step layers is one step for each layer. In actual bonding, usually the number of steps is generally no more than 6, and the number of core layers per step is not more than 2 layers. The length of each step is determined according to the total length of the joint and the number of steps. The step length is generally 60. Between 166mm.
(4) Calculation of joint lap length
Where: L-joint lap length, cm; G1 - conveyor belt core tear strength, kg / cm • layer; (canvas 56 kg / cm • layer; nylon, polyester, vinylon are 96kg / cm • Layer) n- conveyor belt with core layer; G2 - adhesive shear strength, kg / cm2; K a safety factor, value 1.5 - 3.
(5) Production of conveyor belt joints
Lines at the two ends of the conveyor belt - perpendicular to the center line, and then draw a point from the intersection of the straight line and either side of the conveyor belt to the end with a length of 1/2 bandwidth, connecting the intersection point and the line and the edge Another point of intersection is the oblique angle of the joint. Then calculate the lap length and determine the number of steps according to the formula.
Pay attention to the following points when scribing:
(1) When marking the line, it should be based on one side of the conveyor belt to ensure the benchmark is accurate and accurate.
(2) When determining the angle of the joint, ensure that the angle is uniform, and the upper and lower ends have the same angle
(3) When drawing the line, the conveyor belt should be kept flat, so as to ensure the straightening, the point is accurate, the surface of the joint is flat, and the angle and the seam are matched.
Conveyor belt joint making and bonding process
2, cut and peel
According to the determined number of cutting layers, the cutting is accurately cut according to the reference line. Strictly control the cutting depth, and do not cut the bottom layer with the core, otherwise the joint strength will be reduced, and cutting too shallow will affect the peeling. The fabricated joints are as shown.
3, surface treatment
Commonly used conveyor belts are mainly composed of multi-layer chemical fiber or cotton fabric and rubber. Due to the presence of moisture, dust, oil and loose layers (such as residual rubber) on the surface of the joint after fabrication, surface treatment should be carried out before bonding. . Common methods for surface treatment are:
(1) Mechanical roughing: The wire wheel is assembled by a portable electric grinder to remove the glue attached to the surface. The hair should be made to have a uniform surface roughness and must not be damaged.
(2) Cleaning and decontamination: Cleaning should be based on the nature of the surface contaminants and the degree of contamination, and should be cleaned with a special cleaning agent for the conveyor belt.
(3) Dry operation: The surface of the joint is dried to volatilize the moisture of the surface layer and the cleaning agent, and at the same time increase the surface temperature, thus facilitating the coating, leveling and penetration of the glue. Commonly used drying tools are: infrared lamps, iodine tungsten lamps, electric hair dryers, and the like.
 Conveyor belt joint bonding process
1. Preparation of glue
Mix the conveyor belt adhesive and curing agent in a specified ratio and mix well. The glue should be carried out after the joint is completely prepared. The glue should be used up as soon as possible (within 1 to 2 hours). It should not be placed for a long time. Otherwise, the viscosity will increase due to cross-linking, which will cause the glue to fail. .
Gluing should be carried out in three steps. Each time the glue is applied, it should be thin and uniform, so that the surface of the adherend is fully infiltrated and penetrated by the glue. After each application of the glue, it should be dried until it is not sticky, and then coated again.
3, film drying
The glue after painting is dried to form a film under a certain external temperature condition: the glue after each coating can be heated and dried by using an infrared lamp, a iodine tungsten lamp or an electric hot air blower. By heating and drying, the working efficiency can be improved, and the bonding joint can have a high bonding strength in the shortest curing time.
It can be bonded when the glue is dried for the last time until it is sticky and has a sticky feeling. When bonding, it is necessary to align the center line of the belt, and the two adhesive faces are aligned once. After the bonding, the hammer is used to punch the solid from the middle to the periphery.
5, the most quality inspection and finishing
After the joint is bonded, it is usually possible to check whether there are bubbles or unbonded parts inside the bonding head by pressing, tapping, etc., and checking whether the bonding head is skewed or misaligned by the method of center line alignment. Prevent the occurrence of deviation in the joint during operation, check whether the rubber joint has uneven edges, uneven joints and unbonded joints, and timely repair.
The bonded joint should be cured at room temperature for a specified period of time, and should not be placed in a high temperature environment for curing. It is usually cured at a temperature below 40 °C. When the conditions permit, the curing time is extended and the bonding strength can be further improved.
1. This series of adhesives contain organic solvents, low toxicity, and should be ventilated during storage and use.
2. If the glue thickens, add a proper amount of special diluent to dilute.
3, the glue should not be in contact with water, the surface of the adherend must be dry, otherwise it will affect the curing effect and bonding strength.
4. After passing the storage period, it can still be used after passing the inspection.